Assistant Project Manager
Primary Duties include but are not limited to:
The Assistant Project Manager shall assist the Project Manager of Construction and shall assist in providing overall leadership direction on multiple development projects. Specific duties shall include:
- Assistance in feasibility, due diligence and proforma development for construction projects.
- Management of pre-development and design teams, including the coordination of design preparation documents to ensure accuracy, quality, value and compliance with standards and the budget.
- Assist in the permitting process.
- Participate in the bidding, negotiation and contract/subcontract award process for new construction.
- Assist the Project Manager with all aspects of contracts (writing, change orders, invoices and progress payments).
- Direct and manage the construction process.
- Review project budgets and costs.
- Attend weekly progress meetings to ensure the budget, schedule and quality expectations are achieved.
- Problem solver and handles conflict resolution on project. Initiate corrective action as warranted to achieve the project expectations and goals.
- Maintain project records including all current plans, specifications, submittals, construction change directives, change orders and closeout documentation.
- Actively share knowledge and lesson’s learned from project experience.
- Employee will assist with managing the pre-development teams, design teams and construction teams for multiple projects simultaneously. Employee shall possess the ability to mentor and coach project team members as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equal experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in successfully delivering projects.
- Knowledge of budgeting and reporting processes.
Exceptional computer skills in Excel and Microsoft Project, good working knowledge of Word, Outlook, and other industry related project management and scheduling software.
- Detail and deadline oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Advanced problem solving skills, business skills, organizations skills, solid verbal & written communication skills, excellent relationship building skills, as well as strong leadership and team management skills.
- Solid understanding of project management tools & approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to successfully deliver projects.
Interaction With Other Employees and The Public
- Position requires interaction with senior management, co-employees, public officials, design consultants, general contractors, subcontractors and venders. Employee is expected to work well with others and exhibit a professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Position requires minimal physical lifting of construction documents and requires extensive walking during jobsite visits.
Position may require local travel 2-3 days per week to jobsites.