Assistant Project Manager
Job Title:Assistant Project Manager
Location:Virginia Beach and Richmond, VA
Reports To:Project Team Leader
The Assistant Project Manager shall assist the company’s Project Team Leader responsible for the overall coordination and management of new construction projects throughout all phases of the development process.
Primary Duties include but are not limited to:
The Assistant Project Manager shall assist the Project Manager of Construction and shall assist in providing overall leadership direction on multiple development projects. Specific duties shall include:
- Assistance in feasibility, due diligence and proforma development for construction projects.
- Management of pre-development and design teams, including the coordination of design preparation documents to ensure accuracy, quality, value and compliance with standards and the budget.
- Assist in the permitting process.
- Participate in the bidding, negotiation and contract/subcontract award process for new construction.
- Assist the Project Manager with all aspects of contracts (writing, change orders, invoices and progress payments).
- Direct and manage the construction process.
- Review project budgets and costs.
- Attend weekly progress meetings to ensure the budget, schedule and quality expectations are achieved.
- Problem solver and handles conflict resolution on project. Initiate corrective action as warranted to achieve the project expectations and goals.
- Maintain project records including all current plans, specifications, submittals, construction change directives, change orders and closeout documentation.
- Actively share knowledge and lesson’s learned from project experience.
- Employee will assist with managing the pre-development teams, design teams and construction teams for multiple projects simultaneously. Employee shall possess the ability to mentor and coach project team members as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equal experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in successfully delivering projects.
- Knowledge of budgeting and reporting processes.
Exceptional computer skills in Excel and Microsoft Project, good working knowledge of Word, Outlook, and other industry related project management and scheduling software.
- Detail and deadline oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Advanced problem solving skills, business skills, organizations skills, solid verbal & written communication skills, excellent relationship building skills, as well as strong leadership and team management skills.
- Solid understanding of project management tools & approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to successfully deliver projects.
Interaction With Other Employees and The Public
- Position requires interaction with senior management, co-employees, public officials, design consultants, general contractors, subcontractors and venders. Employee is expected to work well with others and exhibit a professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Position requires minimal physical lifting of construction documents and requires extensive walking during jobsite visits.
Position may require local travel 2-3 days per week to jobsites.
The Breeden Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.