Primary Duties include but are not limited to:
The Assistant Superintendent shall report to the Lead Superintendent and shall be responsible for providing field leadership direction for the project to which he/she is assigned. Specific duties shall include:
- Responsible for day-to-day on-site management of construction activates including helping maintain the project progress schedule, coordinating work with internal resources and subcontractors, preparing material takeoffs, material management and interfacing with customers.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, organizes & schedules activities to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
- Daily communications of all on site activities, issues, and progress to the Lead Superintendent. Document daily construction activities via field reports which are to be completed and faxed/emailed to the Project Manager and General Superintendent by 9:00 am the following day and the weather log by Monday, 9:00 am
- Working with Lead Superintendent to ensure projects costs, schedule and quality are maintained.
- Assist in conducting weekly project meetings to coordinate and communicate project status and ensure the budget, schedule and quality expectations are achieved.
- Be responsible for maintaining and enforcing jobsite safety and security measures. This shall include weekly safety compliance inspections, weekly safety and environmental talks at the production meetings and obtaining weekly safety meeting minutes from the subcontractors.
- Coordinates temporary facilities for the project.
- Problem solver and handles conflict resolution related to field activities. Initiate corrective action as warranted to achieve the project expectations and goals.
- Assist Lead Superintendent in maintaining project records including all current plans, specifications, submittals, construction change directives, change orders and closeout documentation in an organized fashion.
- Oversee and track the warranty service process during and after project completion.
- Actively share knowledge and lesson’s learned from project experience.
- Employee will be responsible for directing and managing subcontractors, vendors and suppliers for the project to which he/she is assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5+ years of multi-family field management experience.
- Exceptional ability to read, analyze and understand design documents, blueprints, and Microsoft Project Schedules.
- Experience organizing, directing, and leading all aspects of both building and site construction, with a primary focus on interior finishes.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA requirements and be a safety conscious individual.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Detail and deadline oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Advanced problem solving skills, organizations skills, and communication skills.
Interaction With Other Employees and The Public
- Position requires extensive interaction with subcontractors, venders, design consultants, local officials, and operations personnel. Employee must have the ability to both give and receive direction. Employee is a key representative of the company and as such is expected to work well with others and exhibit a professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
- The majority of the required work will be performed in the field. At times the working conditions may be challenging and involve wide variations in weather and physical environment. The employee may be exposed to wet, cold, hot, and noisy conditions. While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to extensive walking, climbing, sitting, standing, and lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
Position requires daily travel to and from project sites. A valid driver’s license is required.