Job Title:Project Manager
Location:Virginia Beach and Richmond, VA
Breeden Construction is seeking a Project Manager for upcoming projects with a minimum five (5) years leadership experience with project size of $10 million and greater. Looking for wood frame multi-family construction candidates who can manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must possess strong communication and computer skills, to include project scheduling software. Proficient with MS Word/Excel/Outlook/Project. Specific job duties include:
Primary Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assistance in feasibility, due diligence and proforma development for construction projects.
- Management of pre-development and design teams, including the coordination of design preparation documents to ensure accuracy, quality, value and compliance with standards and the budget.
- Direct responsibility for the permitting process.
- Lead the bidding, negotiation and contract/subcontract award process for new construction.
- Manage all aspects of contracts (writing, change orders, invoices and progress payments).
- Direct and manage the construction process and project controls.
- Responsible for creating, implementing, updating and managing all aspects of the project schedule including owners and subcontractors.
- Maintain project budgets and costs.
- Attend and conduct weekly progress meetings to ensure the budget, schedule and quality expectations are achieved.
- Primary problem solver and handles conflict resolution on project. Initiate corrective action as warranted to achieve the project expectations and goals.
- Maintain project records including all current plans, specifications, submittals, construction change directives, change orders and closeout documentation.
- Actively share knowledge and lesson’s learned from project experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Breeden Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.