Location:Virginia Beach and Richmond
Reports To:Project Manager
Breeden Construction is looking for qualified Superintendents for projects for the Greater Richmond, Northern Virginia, Valley, Hampton Roads and Tidewater areas. Superintendents should have minimum five (5) years field leadership experience with project size of $10 million and greater. Looking for wood frame multi-family candidates. Must possess strong communication and computer skills, to include project scheduling software. Proficient with MS Word/Excel/Outlook/Project. Specific job duties include:
Primary Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for day-to-day on-site management of construction activities including maintaining the project progress schedule, coordinating work with internal resources and subcontractors, preparing material takeoffs, material management, reviewing subcontracts, reviewing estimates, evaluating change orders, and interfacing with customers.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, organizes & schedules activities to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
- Daily communications of all on site activities, issues, and progress to the Project Manager. Document daily construction activities via field reports which are to be completed and faxed/emailed to the Project Manager and Director of Field Operations by 9:00 am the following day and the weather log by Monday, 9:00 am.
- Working with Project Manager to ensure projects costs, schedule and quality are maintained.
- Reviews the contract documents and ensures the project is in compliance.
- Conducts weekly project meetings to coordinate and communicate project status and ensure the budget, schedule and quality expectations are achieved.
- Assist the Project Manager in the permitting process.
- Be responsible for maintaining and enforcing jobsite safety and security measures. This shall include weekly safety compliance inspections, conducting Safety and Environmental Orientations with subcontractors, conducting weekly safety and environmental talks at the production meetings and obtaining weekly safety meeting minutes from the subcontractors. Assist the Safety Director with the Job Hazard Analysis.
- Assist in shop drawing and submittal process.
- Review and approve subcontractor invoices and work with Project Manager to develop costing projections.
- Coordinates temporary facilities for the project.
- Primary problem solver and handles conflict resolution related to field activities. Initiate corrective action as warranted to achieve the project expectations and goals.
- Assist Project Manager in maintaining project records including all current plans, RFIs, specifications, submittals, construction change directives, change orders and closeout documentation in an organized fashion.
- Oversee and track the warranty service process during and after project completion.
- Actively share knowledge and lesson’s learned from project experience.
Breeden Construction is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
The Breeden Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.